by Kristin Marshall on December 21, 2011
Welcome to the December 21, 2011 edition of the Carnival of Online Dating! This is the nineteenth edition of the blog carnival, and we really appreciate those who have submitted their links for inclusion. Spread the word: The next Carnival of Online Dating will be January 4, 2012, so make sure to get your submissions in by 8:59pm PST/11:59pm EST Tuesday January 3rd.
- W Wilcox presents Is a Karaoke Bar a Good Place for a Date? posted at Single Online Dating, saying, “You’ve been going out with your sweetie for a while now and it’s getting harder to find new things to do.”
- Linda Rodriguez presents 7 Heavenly First Date Ideas for Christian Singles posted at Christian Dating Sites, saying, “Bible study provides a good opportunity to engage in conversations as you discuss various Biblical topics along with your personal ideas on what the scripture means to you.”
- Leah Carey presents The Scavenger Hunt posted at The Miracle Journal, saying, “Hi, I had a great time writing this post about a scavenger hunt I did with my long distance boyfriend. I hope you have as much fun reading it! ”
Dating Tips & Advice
- Jill Thompson presents 4 Online Dating Safety Tips for Women posted at Best Free Dating Sites, saying, “If you’re a woman who has decided to try out the internet in the hopes of finding a potential match, it can provide you a great platform for doing so. Unfortunately though, there are some dangers that come along with using this method of dating.”
- Donna Cullen presents 10 Love Lessons from Harlequin Romances posted at Top Dating Sites.
- Darren Marks presents Dating by Body Type? posted at Top Dating Sites.
- Mary Edwards presents 10 Classic Ways to Tell Someone They are Beautiful posted at Best Dating Sites, saying, “Admiring someone from afar is easy; telling them that you find them beautiful can be incredibly difficult.”
- Donna Cullen presents 10 Reasons the People We Love Drive us Crazy posted at Top Dating Sites, saying, “Have you ever wondered why you can have more patience with someone else’s kid than your own? Why is it easier to laugh at a friend’s joke than your spouses’ even if you’ve heard both before? We have different criteria with how we act with our friends and strangers than we do with the people that we love.”
- Fitz presents Tips for a Date with a Girl You Met Online posted at The London School of Attraction, saying, “So you have finally got the date. This article will give some some tips on making sure it goes well.”
- Hooker presents Mistakes Women Make posted at Humans are Stoopid.
- Sandra Campbell presents 6 First Date Safety Rules for Women posted at Catholic Dating Sites, saying, “The internet can be one of the best platforms for finding a man who shares the same Catholic faith, ideals, and love for God as you do. Sadly though, the internet can also be a breeding ground for dangerous people who use online dating services for the wrong reasons.”
- Mary Edwards presents 10 Signs You are in Love with Your Enemy posted at Best Dating Sites, saying, “Anger and love are both such passionate emotions; it’s easy to find yourself in the surprising predicament of falling in love with the person you once thought you hated.”
- Donna Cullen presents 10 Love Lessons from Bruce Springsteen posted at Top Dating Sites, saying, “When it comes to the ups and downs of love, The Boss has shared some valuable lessons with us over the years.”
- Deborah Brown presents Online Dating for Senior Citizens: What You Need to Protect posted at Best Senior Dating Sites, saying, “If you’re 50 or older and you’ve found yourself back on the dating scene, it can be an intimidating place that is much different from what you last remember. For seniors in today’s world, finding a meaningful relationship again now revolves around the internet.”
- Maria Clark presents Online Dating Smarts: 10 Warning Signs of Emotional Predators and Con Artists posted at Adult Dating Sites, saying, “Unless you are 100% completely confident that your internet friend is trustworthy, do not give them any of your personal information.”
- Fitz presents Online Dating: What To Do If… Part 1/2 posted at The London School of Attraction, saying, “Part One of an article from Milton about how to deal with difficult online dating situations.”
- Fitz presents Online Dating: What To Do If… Part 2/2 posted at The London School of Attraction, saying, “Part Two of an article from Milton about how to deal with difficult online dating situations.”
- Charles Chua C K presents F.R.I.E.N.D.S. for True Relationships posted at All About Living with Life.
- Mary Edwards presents 10 Definitions of Taking it Slow posted at Best Dating Sites, saying, “What does it mean to, “Take it slow”? When you are in a new relationship you might be tempted to go to the next level, but what if your significant other wants to slow things down? What does that mean? Does it mean the same thing to everyone?”
- Donna Cullen presents 7 Romantic Wishing Wells from Around the World posted at Top Dating Sites, saying, “Most coins thrown into a wishing well or fountain are tokens of the desire for love, so it’s no wonder that some of the world’s most famous are also the most romantic.”
- Sam Rogers presents How to improve your social skills posted at Personal Hack, saying, “Social skills are the basic skills that one must possess in order to communicate well with others. Many resources are available that might be employed to improve on your social skills. It?s really possible to develop your social skills and it?s very simple.”
- Fitz presents Fix Your Your Online Dating Profile posted at The London School of Attraction, saying, “This article shows you how to make sure you have an great online dating profile.”
- Matt Savage presents Plenty of Fish Inbox Email Success Rates for Men posted at Plenty of Fish Dating Tips.
- Persha presents Letting Go After Being Dumped Heartfelt Advice From Someone Who has Been There posted at Dumped Days, saying, “Love can be bittersweet. When it comes into our lives it can be the most magical thing – or can cause the most painful agony, for a myriad of reasons.”
Sex and Seduction
Be sure to tune in every 1st and 3rd Wednesdays for more! The next Carnival of Online Dating will be January 4th, 2012, so make sure to get your submissions in by 8:59pm PST/11:59pm EST Tuesday January 3rd!
That concludes this edition. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.